- Participants: Men, women, teens and children
- Age: 6 -75 years young
- Duration: 1.5 hours per session
- Location: At your home, work place, local community centre or at our east end studio Numbers of participants: 1 – 6 participants
- Dress code: Loose comfortable clothing: shorts, t-shirt, mouth guard, groin protector, running shoes.
Physical conditioning and total body warm-up:
- Strengthen and tone: arms, legs, abdominals
- Combative games, getting the body ready for the upcoming slices
- Aerobic and anaerobic exercises
Striking basics and fighting fundamentals on focus pads & body shields
- Stances and hand positioning
- Movement forward, backward, angles, rhythm
- Striking techniques: punch, kick, knee, elbow
- Combinations: straight line, circular attacks, in and out
- Escapes and counters (parrying)
- Speed and power drills, etc.
Light sparring session under different themes
- Only using: hands, legs, weak or strong side, etc.
- Defensive and offensive fighting
- Counter striking, etc.
Cool down and stretching
Till next time
- What to work on at home
- Visualisation strategies
Mr. Manoli can help you
Mr. Manoli can travel to your home, work place, local community centre or if the need arises you can train with him at our east end studio. He can make himself available at your convenience in order to accomodate your self-defence training needs. Be it stand-up or ground techniques, he covers both options in an easy to learn, step-by-step ‘hands-on’ simulation oriented format.
About Mr. Manoli, your personal safety instructor
Mr. Manoli has over 35 years of personal safety experience. He holds black belts in Japanese Karate and Judo. He is working slowly towards his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
He has represented Canada successfully at three (3) World Hard Contact Karate Championships in Japan, Venezuela and Australia. He runs his own Karate and grappling club out of the Beaconsfield recreation centre in the west island.
Mr. Manoli’s teaching qualifications
- Bachelor of Education degree in physical education
- Coaching certification level 2 (PNCE)
- Has trained thousands of men, women teens and children since 1982
- Mandated by the Montreal Police Force (SPVM) to train patrol officers on handling high risk interventions and arrests (1993 to 1998).
- Has written extensivly on the subject of victimisation (3 personal safety manuals)
- Gives many workshops/courses on personal safety matters throughout Quebec
You are the #1 priority during the training sessions
Mr. Manoli’s main goal during his private or semi-private sessions is to empower YOU with self-defence know-how and keep you mentally ‘Street Smart’ and physically fit.
Select a private or small group personal safety session (s)
Personal safety and fitness sessions can be scaled according to your particular needs, physical fitness level, goals and budget. They can be done once or twice a week depending on our mutual availability and progression agenda.
- As you gain self defence assurance in your training, you can vary/mix the modules
- Modules vary from 1.5 to 2 hours of training per session
- There are no long term contracts
- You can mix in one session the modules: ‘A’ & ‘B’, ‘A’ & ‘C’, ‘B’ & ‘C’
- You can stop your private training sessions at anytime
- Mr. Manoli brings all the necessary equipment (focus gloves, mats, body gear, etc.)