Is your child being bullied?
63% of bullied children don’t seek help
- No one really cares or understands what they are going through.
- Weak, helpless & alone.
- Their peers are watching & constantly judging them.
By telling someone, they…
- Feel having failed handling the humiliating situation on their own.
- Fear the “boomerang” effect – backlash from bully and their buddies.
- Worry about being seen as a “stool pigeon” and rejected by their peers.
Noticing alarming changes in your child?
Warning signs are not always apparent
- School, sports & social activities – Demanding to change/not go to school/activity.
- Friends – Abandoned by old friends; becoming a loner…
- Personality – Depressed; self-destructive; suicidal thoughts; low self-esteem…
- Personal items – Stolen lunch; loss of money or electronics, torn clothing…
- Physical health – Not wanting to eat; faking/complaining of: illness, headaches, and stomach aches. Unexplained injuries & bruises…
- Sleeping & eating habits – Trouble falling asleep; nightmares, wetting the bed…
As a parent… did you?
- Inform others about the bullying?
- Classroom teacher, principal, playground & hallway monitors.
- Logbook kept about the incident.
- Community police officer.
- Request school administration meet the bully, his crew & their parents.
- Try different ways of empowering your child?
- Let them know that together, you will work as a team.
- You have their back 100%.
- Establish a game plan for the next time it happens.
- Encourage them in the various things they are good at.
- Register them in a Martial Arts club – Judo, Karate…
- Give your child bully-proofing advice – what worked for you as a child
- Careful when giving advice
- Can they put into action what you suggested?
- Do they have the character & personality for your game plan?
- The best strategy is not to always to ‘Go tell an adult.’
- At some point in time, your child must take a stand.
- If you advise them to hit, push or answer back – practice together.
- Practice with your child
- Where to play – whom to hang around with.
- What to look for prior to the bullying occurring (trigger mechanism).
- If confronted, what to say & how to assertively say it.
- Stress body language – shoulders back, head up, eyes on the bully…
- Who to go see & what to tell them about the incident…
- Careful when giving advice
BULLY-PROOF TRAINING WITH MR. MANOLI
Benefits of scenario based training
Your child will…
- Be bullied many times in a controlled, safe environment.
- Establish a realistic plan of action.
- Be empowered by effectively handling repetitive bullying scenarios.
- Know how to send a clear, assertive message to the bully.
Together, we will…
- Practice, support & encourage your child during the bullying simulations.
- Use proven, confrontational concepts when interacting with the bully.
- Channel your child’sbullying fear into
- Boost your child’s self-confidence.
- Develop their “Don’t mess with me!”
- Show them “THEY have what it takes” to stop this bullying.
MANOLI IS A BULLY-PROOFING COACH
- Successfully empowering bullied children, teens and adults for over 30 years.
- Active Police officer with the SPVM.
- Holds Black Belts in Karate and Judo.
- Bachelor of education degree and author of 3 personal safety manuals.
- Runs his own Karate, Jiu-Jitsu & Bully-proofing club at the Beaconsfield Rec. Centre.
- At our club, parents train for FREE alongside their child or can sit & watch.
- His personal safety ‘hands-on’ self-defense expertise was used by:
- Air Canada: Cabin defense, dealing with unruly passengers.
- Bombardier Aerospace: Assertiveness training & Verbal Judo.
- Montreal Police Force (SPVM): Gun retention program for street cops.
- Recently talked about in the:
- Montreal Gazette (July 2018)
- Journal de Montreal & Quebec (July 2018)
- CJAD – Aaron Rand show
- LCN – TV
- Assisting & empowering ‘Rape & Assault’ survivors for the CNESST (Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail).
BULLY-PROOFING YOUR CHILD – 4 options
OPTION 1 – Private, bully-proofing session
General private session information
- Private session duration: 5 – 3 hours
- Participant’s age: Children (6+), teens & adults.
- Location: In your home or at our east end, Montreal studio.
- Private session cost: Varies – travel time.
During the private session
- We dissect the bullying that occurred – what was said, done, results, etc.
- An action plan is put into place for:
- The family.
- The bullied individual.
- Confrontation rules & principles are clearly explained & demonstrated.
- Bullying scenarios are done with the participant & family members.
- Multiple bullying scenarios will be enacted during the session.
- Some family members will be asked to participate in the bullying scenarios.
- Corrections are made & responses are fine-tuned.
- Student attains the desired mind-set: assertive & empowered.
- We are there to work as a team.
- Our goal is to boost your child’s confidence in order for the bullying to stop.
- Before leaving, reminders are given on strategies established together.
OPTION 2 – Bully-proofing course (9 h.)
General course information
- Course duration: 9 hours
- Number of sessions: 6 sessions X 1.5 hours each session.
- Location: In your home, office or community center.
- Participant’s age: 5 – 12 years old.
- Parent participation: Optional
- Number of participants in a course: 6 to 24 participants.
- Cost will vary: (a) Number of participants; (b) Travel time.
- Equipment needed: Carpeted area or mats (can be supplied).
Course teaches children…
- They have the right to be left alone.
- To inform others they are being bullied.
- Avoid physical fights at all cost.
- Never hit or hurt the bully when taunted.
- The confrontational principles & rules of engagement when bullied.
If the bullying does not stop, they will learn…
- How to verbally and confidently talk & confront the bully.
- What to do if physically attacked.
- How to establish ground control & negotiate peace with the bully.
Typical 1.5 h session
- Module 1 – Warm-ups (10 – 15 min.)
- Module 2 – Empowering, bullying scenarios & confrontational games (45 – 50 min.)
- Module 3 – Combative games & fighting (15 – 20 min.)
OPTION 3 – Interactive, parent-child workshop (2 h.)
General workshop information
- Duration: 2 – 2.5 hours
- Participant’s age: 6 – 12 years old.
- Location: School, office, company, community center.
- Cost will vary according to: Number of participants & travel time
- Number of participants: 12 to 30 participants accompanied by a parent.
- Parents must accompany & stay with their child during the entire workshop.
Modules covered during the workshop
- Module 1 – Group discussion – Who, what, where & why
- Module 2 – How to effectively bully-proof a child & having a ‘plan of action’.
- Module 3 – Bullying scenarios enacted with Mr. Manoli
- Some children will be selected to enact bullying scenarios
- Module 4 – Questions & answers
To reserve a bully-proofing course or workshop
- Contact Mr. Manoli in order to reserve a date(s) for your event.
- Cell or text: 438-392-4683
- Sessions can be given in French or English.
- You gather:
- Community members
- Co-workers, etc.
- We travel to you, the client, in order to offer our services.
- You find a location to hold the session(s):
- Community center, etc.
- There are no contracts to sign or cash deposits required.
- We are incorporated & insured.
- You will receive in writing:
- A clear lesson plan of what will be taught.
- The duration of the event(s).
- The cost to run the event(s).
- We will refer you to a course or workshop if one opens up to the public.
OPTION 4 – Train at our Club in Beaconsfield
- We are a family oriented club.
- Classes are offered to children, teens & adults.
- Our programs run from September to June.
- We train on Thursdays & Saturdays.
- Beaconsfield Recreation Center 1975 City Lane Beaconsfield, Qc. H9W 6B1
On-going Karate, Jiu-Jitsu & Bully-proofing programs
|Age||Thursdays Teen lounge||Saturdays Gymnasium|
|5 – 7 yrs old||5 – 6pm||8:30 – 9:50am|
|8 – 10 yrs old||6 – 7:10pm||9:30 – 10:55am|
|Teens and Adults (11+)||7:15 – 8:55pm||11:00am – 1:00pm|
Everyone is welcome to come train
- Try 2 FREE classes.
- Parents train for FREE alongside their child.
- No Karate or Judo uniform is initially required.
- Classes are given in both French & English.
- Ample parking available.
- Beautiful facilities at the Beaconsfield Rec. Center.
- Training is done barefoot on a clean, matted, safe area.
- Click here to download the club registration form.
Contact Mr. Manoli
- Cell or text: 438-392-4683