Mr. George Manoli, our program director and coordinator, is one of Montreal’s leading authorities in personal safety education. He specializes in no-nonsense ‘hands-on’ attack simulation training, Karate and Judo. He is an expert lecturer on: (1) Women’s self-defence and date-rape prevention; (2) Bully-proofing children and teens; (3) Street-proofing children via abduction and luring simulations.
Mr. Manoli has a Bachelor of education degree in Physical Education with over 35 years of teaching experience. He has a level 2 ‘National Coaching Certification,’ and holds a Black Belt 7th Dan in Koshiki contact Karate, a 6th Dan in Kenkokan Karatedo and a 1st Dan in Kodokan Judo. He has successfully represented Canada internationally at Koshiki Contact Karate Championships in Japan (1980), Venezuela (1983) and Australia (1985), reaching the winners podium at every international competition.
Presently, he runs his own Karate, Jiu-Jitsu / Anti-bullying club at the Beaconsfield Recreation Centres and continues his Judo training at the ‘Club de Judo Anjou.’
Mr. Manoli has written 3 personal safety manuals and is the founder and trainer of four dynamic simulation oriented programs which emphasize Adrenal Stress Training:
The Manoli ‘hands-on’ Self-defence method for women & teens
- Rated by the ‘CAFSU’ (Comité Action Femmes & Sécurité Urbaine) as one of Montreal’s best and most realistic women’s self-defence courses.
- The television channel ‘Avis De Recherche’ did five (5) television series featuring Mr. Manoli’s course entitled ‘Defense Légitime’ which you can see in the ‘Media section, videos’ on this site.
- CBC’s ‘Montreal Living,’ Radio Canada and TVA’s ‘Tête @ Kat’ and ‘Salut, Bonjour,’featured Mr. Manoli ‘hands-on’ self-defence method.
- His hands-on course is also featured in the National Film Boarddocumentary: ‘The Ring within’ and ‘The Volcano’ by Dan Bigras.
- The ‘Just for you’ getaway weekend exclusively for women, hosted yearly in the past by Suzanne Deshotels, Tasso Patsikakis and Aaron Rand of the Q92 FM Radio Station. Over 250 women attended these getaways which ended with an empowering women’s self-defence workshop given by Mr. Manoli and his team.
- Various community centres, corporate locations and schools like Marie Clarac, Villa Maria and Collège Letendre regularly give Mr. Manoli’s Women’s self-defense and children’s Street Smart courses and workshops.
His no-nonsense, attack simulation method was also used in training:
- Montreal Police officers (SPVM) in their ‘Gun retention’ program.
- Over 6300 Air Canada crew members in ‘Cabin defence, security training and passenger restraint.’
Don’t Bully Me! Courses and parent/child workshop
Scenario based anti-bullying course and parent/child workshop on various ways of defusing, avoiding and standing-up to verbal and physical confrontations without hurting or striking the bully.
“Street Smart Kids”
Interactive, street-proofing courses and parent/child workshops which emphasize awareness, avoidance, screaming and getting help through abduction and luring simulations. Proudly recommended by ‘The Missing Children’s Network Canada,’ for our courses and workshops teach and empower elementary school children with personal safety skills.
“Assertiveness training for rape and assault survivors”
These one-to-one ‘hands-on’ sessions, greatly help rape and assault survivors confront the reality of the traumatic event they have experienced. Done in conjunction with their therapist, these private sessions, empower participants and help them regain control over their lives, overcoming their sense of helplessness and fear.