Mr. George Manoli is one of Montreal’s leading authorities in personal safety education.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & CAREER
- Bachelor of Education degree (McGill).
- Over 35 years of teaching experience – children, teens & adults.
- Police Science Diploma: National Police School of Quebec, Nicolet.
- Level 2 ‘National Coaching’ certification’ (PNCE).
- Full time police officer with the SPVM – Montreal Police Force.
AUTHOR OF 3 PERSONAL SAFETY MANUALS
- Street Smart Kids: 180-page manual available to download on this site – FREE
- Don’t Be A Victim, for women & teens: 120-page manual.
- Don’t Bully Me! 35-page bully-proofing manual for parents and children.
MARTIAL ARTS BACKGROUND – KARATE, JUDO & JIU-JITSU
- Holds Black belts in Japanese Karate (6thDan) and Judo (1stDan).
- Successfully represented Canada at World Koshiki Contact Karate Championships in:
- Japan, Venezuela & Australia
- Reached the winners podium at every international Koshiki Karate event.
- Runs his own Karate, Jiu-Jitsu and bully-proofing club at the Beaconsfield Recreation Centre.
- Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, working diligently towards his Black Belt in BJJ.
FOUNDER OF SEVERAL PERSONAL SAFETY PROGRAMS
Founder of 4 dynamic ‘attack simulation’ oriented programs
The ‘hands-on’ programs emphasize ‘Adrenal Stress’ training
- ‘No holds-barred’ Self-defense for women & teens
- Workshops & courses
- Private, small & large group sessions
- Sessions also for the physically & visually challenged
- ‘Assertiveness training’ for rape & assault survivors
- Private ‘hands-on’ sessions
- Sessions done in conjunction with their therapist & psychologist
- CSST instructor
- Attack simulations done in a controlled, nurturing environment
- Survivors slowly regain control over their lives,overcome helplessness & fear
- ‘Bully-proofing’ children, teens & adults
- Learning to avoid, defuse or stand-up to bullies
- Parent-child courses and workshops
- ‘Street Smart Kids’ program – abduction & luring simulations
- Emphasis on awareness, avoidance & getting help
- Parent-child courses & workshops
RECOGNITION OF HIS SELF-DEFENSE & PERSONAL SAFETY EXPERTISE
Montreal Police Force – Gun Retention program for Officers
- Developed & taught their ‘Gun Retention’ program (1995-1998).
Air Canada – ‘Cabin Defense, dealing with unruly passengers’
- Developed the Air Canada ‘Dealing with Unruly passenger’ program
- His program was taught to 6300 Air Canada crew members.
Bombardier Aerospace Canada – ‘Overzealous clients’
- ‘Passive resistance’ workshop when dealing with overzealous clients.
- Over 60 Bombardier employees from around the world attended his workshop.
Self-defense program rated by the C.A.F.S.U.(Comité Action Femmes & Sécurité Urbaine)
- Rated his program as one of Montreal’s best & most realistic self-defense courses.
‘Avis De Recherche’ – A.D.R. TV Station
- Aired 5 TV shows on his course entitled: ‘Defense Légitime’
- See the shows on this web site ‘Media/videos’.
National Film Board Documentary (NFB)
- NFB documentary entitled: ‘The Ring within’ & ‘The Volcano’
- The documentary shows Mr. Manoli’s courses being taught.
Q92 FM Radio Station – Women’s get away
- Organized yearly ‘Just for you, women’s getaway’
- Over 250 participants attended his self-defense workshops yearly.
Television shows featured his courses
- LCN, ‘Salut, Bonjour’, CFCF 12, CBC, Montreal Living, Tête@Kat…
Newspaper articles talked about his sessions
- The Montreal Gazette, July 2018 – article & video clip
- Le Journal de Montreal, July 2018
- Le Journal de Québec, July 2018
HIS NO NONSENSE SELF-DEFENSE PROGRAMS ARE REGULARLY OFFERED IN
- Schools – Marie Clarac, Villa Maria, Collège Charlemagne, Royal Vale
- CEGEP & Universities – McGill University & CEGEP Maisonneuve
- Companies – Aldo shoes, Merck Frosst, Pratt & Whitney
- Community Centers – City of Longueuil & Beaconsfield
- Private, at-home sessions – He & his team travel all over Quebec to empower women & teens