- Participants: Women and teens 12+ years old
- Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours per session
- Location: At your home, work place, community centre or at our east end studio
- Numbers of participants: 1-6 participants
- Dress code: Loose comfortable clothing: sweat pants, t-shirt, running shoes
Theory and Street Smart strategies – topics discussed during the sessions:
- What do attackers look for in a potential victim?
- Different types of resistance strategies – their effectiveness
- Someone we know vs. Someone we don’t know – what strategies work?
- The necessary ‘whatever it takes’ mindset to handle most confrontations
- Different type of attackers
- Rules of confrontation
- Stages of an attack and stages of a defence
- What if nothing works against this guy – hidden maims
When push comes to shove: De-escalation and striking mode
- Posture and positioning when confronted – awareness
- Body language – the message you send out to others
- Verbal Judo – what to say and how to say it
- Controlling the distance, controlling the damage
- Developing that ‘T-Rex’ animal survival mind set – screaming and going crazy
- Where to strike effectively and efficiently – vulnerable areas of the human body
- How to strike to cause damage – body weapons: stand-up & on the ground
- Getting away once they let go
Hands-on, scenario-based attack simulations – please keep in mind:
- Attack simulations are done in increments of difficulty – like climbing a stair case.
- We do not move forward in simulation difficulty unless the client feels physically and mentally at easy and in control with the present level.
- Together, through scenario based training, we study what to do when attacked from the front, beside, behind, lifted, seated, lying down or brought to the ground or bed, blind folded and of course attacked by surprise.
- Mr. Manoli’s main objective is your personal empowerment and well being.
Scenarios covered during our sessions:
- Stranger attack – pulled, dragged, lifted
- Someone we know – overzealous date or neighbour
- Confined spaces – shoved in a corner, against a wall or counter, sitting, etc.
- Training can be done inside and outside – in/out of a car, walking, jogging, etc.
- Verbal harassment, belittling, insults – asking for directions, rude comment, etc.
- What if nothing works – hidden maims and how to apply them
- Blindfolded stand-up attack simulations
Brought to the ground & armed scenarios
- Walking and brought to the ground
- Lying down and attacked
- Lifted and attacked on a table, couch or bed
- Overzealous date with roaming hands
- Passive resistance then back on the attack
- He has a knife!
- Blindfold ground attack simulations
Together, we discuss:
- After the ‘Hands-on’ attack simulations, what stood out in your mind?
- What worked or didn’t work for you?
- What needs to be worked on and why?
- Did the animal or survival mode in ‘US’ surface during the interaction?
- Did we see or visualize ourselves in control of the confrontation?
- Did we vary our striking target area? Did we scream? Got away as he let us go?
- Personal improvement through visualization and more hands-on attack simulations
Till next time
- Kidnapping and overzealous dating scenarios to solve
- Visualisation exercises to work on
Mr. Manoli can help you
Mr. Manoli can travel to your home, work place, local community centre or if the need arises you can train with him at our east end studio. He can make himself available at your convenience in order to accomodate your self-defence training needs. Be it stand-up or ground techniques, he covers both options in an easy to learn, step-by-step ‘hands-on’ simulation oriented format.
About Mr. Manoli, your personal safety instructor
Mr. Manoli has over 35 years of personal safety experience. He holds black belts in Japanese Karate and Judo. He is working slowly towards his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
He has represented Canada successfully at three (3) World Hard Contact Karate Championships in Japan, Venezuela and Australia. He runs his own Karate and grappling club out of the Beaconsfield recreation centre in the west island.
Mr. Manoli’s teaching qualifications
- Bachelor of Education degree in physical education
- Coaching certification level 2 (PNCE)
- Has trained thousands of men, women teens and children since 1982
- Mandated by the Montreal Police Force (SPVM) to train patrol officers on handling high risk interventions and arrests (1993 to 1998).
- Has written extensivly on the subject of victimisation (3 personal safety manuals)
- Gives many workshops/courses on personal safety matters throughout Quebec
You are the #1 priority during the training sessions
Mr. Manoli’s main goal during his private or semi-private sessions is to empower YOU with self-defence know-how and keep you mentally ‘Street Smart’ and physically fit.
Select a private or small group personal safety session (s)
Personal safety and fitness sessions can be scaled according to your particular needs, physical fitness level, goals and budget. They can be done once or twice a week depending on our mutual availability and progression agenda.
- As you gain self defence assurance in your training, you can vary/mix the modules
- Modules vary from 1.5 to 2 hours of training per session
- There are no long term contracts
- You can mix in one session the modules: ‘A’ & ‘B’, ‘A’ & ‘C’, ‘B’ & ‘C’
- You can stop your private training sessions at anytime
- Mr. Manoli brings all the necessary equipment (focus gloves, mats, body gear, etc.)