Our children’s Karate and bully-proofing classes are divided into four (4) dynamic modules:
- Group warm-ups to music.
- Combative games with a partner.
Bully-proof scenario based training and grappling
- Sending a clear verbal message to the bully.
- What to say and how to say it assertively.
- Neutralize and control the bully on the ground without striking or hurting them.
- Grappling / Jiu-jitsu positional ground fighting.
Koshiki Karate partner work and sparring using protective body gear
- Kicking and punching combinations.
- Escape and counter drills.
- Stand-up fighting using protective body gear.
- Technical Karate training – Shorinjiryu Kenkokan Kata and Kumite
Saturday Morning Parent/Child Classes
- Parent/child classes, allow both parent and child to train alongside each other.
- Parents can train with other parents; assist their child or sit and watch.
- PARENTS train for FREE alongside their child.
- Parent participation is highly recommended and encouraged.
Our Children’s Curriculum
Our children’s curriculum is well detailed and easy to follow for both parents and children.
- 5 – 7 year olds have ten (10) fun Jiu-jitsu, bully-proofing games to learn with their Karate training.
- 7 – 10 year olds follow a detailed junior combative Jiu-jitsu and Karate program.
Our Club Philosophy
- We are a family oriented, fighting club focused on the development of our members.
- Our goal is to perfect both our stand-up and ground fighting skills.
- We strive to have fun, train hard and intelligently.
- Just as important as the physical motions taught are the positive mental attitudes we emphasize during each class:
- Respect for oneself, teacher and fellow students.
Other Pertinent Club Information
- Classes are taught in both French and English.
- No white Karate or Judo uniform is initially required.
- We supply all protective Koshiki Karate gear (body and head gear) to our students.
- We can accommodate children with special needs, but parental assistance may be required.
- There are plenty of parking spaces at the Beaconsfield Recreation Centre.
- We train barefoot on a large, matted, clean and spacious surface.
Our Guarantee to all our Members
- We request that you register as a club member first.
- You or your children have two (2) FREE try-out classes at the Beaconsfield Recreation Centre.
- If you are not satisfied with our program as of the two (2) try-out classes, you will get a total refund.
Our Club Organizes & Participates in
- Inter-club and provincial Koshiki contact Karate tournaments (Toronto, Ottawa & Mirabel).
- Mini summer and winter Karate & Jujitsu training outside.
- Children’s Street Smart workshops for our club members.
- Women’s ‘hands-on’ self-defense workshops.
- Extra-curricular Karate programs in several schools as lunchtime or after school activities.
All Classes are Taught by Sensei George Manoli
- Sensei Manoli teaches all classes at our club and is assisted by fellow club members.
- He started his Karate training in 1973 under Grand master Masayuki Hisataka 10th Dan Karate, 6th Dan Kodokan Judo. Founder of the Koshiki Contact Karate fighting system.
Mr. Manoli’s Martial Arts Background
- Black belt 7th Dan in Koshiki Contact Karate.
- Black belt 6th Dan in Shorinjiryu Kenkokan Karate-do.
- Black belt 1st Dan in Judo Kodokan.
- Presently working towards his Black Belt in Brazilian Jujitsu.
- Bachelor of education degree in physical education – McGill.
- Level 2, National Coaching Certification (PNCE).
- Community officer – Montreal Police Service (SPVM).
- Author of 3 personal safety manuals.
He Represented Canada at 3 World Koshiki Contact Karate Championships
- Canadian team representative at the World Koshiki Contact Karate Championships (1980-1985).
- Reached the winner’s podium at all three (3) World Koshiki Championships:
- Japan (1980)
- Venezuela (1983)
- Australia (1985).
He Created Personal Safety Educational Programs for
- Air Canada (unruly passengers).
- Bombardier Aerospace (assertiveness training & passive resistance),
- SPVM (gun retention defense for police officers).
Beaconsfield Recreation Centre
1974 City Lane,
Tel.: (438) 392-4683
|5 – 7 yrs old||6 – 7:10pm||8:30 – 9:50am|
|8 – 10 yrs old||6 – 7:10pm||9:30 – 10:55am|
|Teens and Adults (11+)||7:15 – 8:55pm||11:00am – 1:00pm|
Our Various Programs Can Come To You
School – Home – Community Centre – Company – City
Gather Friends or Open it to Your Community
- Private, 1-on-1 sessions or with a few friends (1-6 participants).
- Parent-child/teen training.
- We can cater to small groups or large gatherings.
- ‘Lunch & Learn’ programs and other corporate events.
- We come to you or you come to us at our east end studio.
Sessions can be
- Given over several weeks or months.
- Offered as an informative one or two evening workshop.
- Tailor made in order to meet your needs and objectives.
- We furnish all the necessary equipment (mats, shields, focus pads, etc.).
Our Programs Include
- Bully-Proofing children & teens: Parent/Child or on-going programs.
- Self-defence for women & teens: ‘Hands-on’ course or workshops.
- Karate, Judo & Jujitsu grappling: Adult, teen and children’s program.
- Assertiveness training for rape and assault survivors: Private sessions.
- Red Cross Babysitters program (8 hours): Given on 1 day or over several weeks.