Parent-child ‘hands-on’ street-proofing workshop
It’s a parent’s worst nightmare, you’re child is abducted or molested.
‘Street Smart Kids’ is an interactive ‘hands-on’ scenario based workshop for children 5 to 10 years of age. The workshop emphasizes awareness, avoidance, screaming for help, dropping to the ground if dragged away and fighting, biting and doing ‘whatever it takes’ in order to get free if someone is trying to abduct us.
General information – Street Safe Kids
- Participants: Children 6 to 10 (Parents sit & learn. They get to watch their kids in action)
Teens 10 to 13 years of age: A teen workshop is also available for that age group
- Min/Max number of participants: 14 – 24 children
- Duration of course: 2 – 2.5 hours
- Dress code: Loose comfortable street clothes
- Room size required: Room large enough to accommodate the participants and the parents.
Workshop objectives – Street Safe Kids
Parents are taught
- How Pedophiles lure, trick, seduce and abuse children.
- Parents get to see their child in action, dealing with tricky people.
- How to keep their loved one’s safe from sexual predators and how to street-proof their school-aged child.
- A 120 page ‘Street-proofing’ manual written by Mr. Manoli is available free of charge, on this site in both French and English. Check out the ‘Download’ section.
Children are taught through ‘hands-on’ attack & luring simulations
- Safety skills are passed on through a variety of fun, safe, age related hands-on activities and abduction simulations.
- These ‘hands-on’ abduction and luring simulations against a fully padded assailant, empower kids with personal safety skills and help them be street smart.
- Children are challenged and get to clearly see what needs to be done in order to realistically get away, seek help or attract attention.
Workshop outline – Street Safe Kids
- Group discussion – who, what, where and why
- Child sexual abuse: Myths, facts and stats
- Different types of Pedophiles
- Child seduction process
- Various lures used by Pedophiles
- Do they prefer boys or girls?
- Computer predators
- Child molesters who abduct
- Parental abduction
- Street Smart strategies, etc.
- What to do if someone tries to lure or abduct us?
- The truth about ‘Tricky people’.
- Basic confrontational principles to follow if targeted.
- Why is our voice so important?
- What can we do if they lure us into their car, into their home?
- What if it is someone mom and dad know? Etc.
- ‘Hands-on’ luring/abduction simulations against a fully padded assailant
- Someone we know
- Someone we don’t know
- Someone who wants to trick us into going with them
- Someone in a position of authority
- Feed back on what they did in the simulations
- Did the interaction last too long?
- Were they effective in trying to get away?
- Did they say ‘No!’ and walk away?
- Did they scream and attract attention?
- Did they drop to the floor if the person did not let go? Etc.
- Street Smart strategies on the following topics
- Playing outside, saying ‘No!’
- Good and bad touches, intuition.
- Home alone and someone knocks on the door.
- While walking, being followed.
- Knowing my neighborhood and safe strangers.
- Tricky people – nice at first.
- Emergency telephone numbers, cellular phones, etc.
- Secret code words, etc.
- Some parental educational advice in order to keep their kid’s safe.
Frequently asked questions about our workshops
Who organizes these workshops?
- YOU ORGANIZE the ‘Street Smart Kids’ workshop.
- WE TRAVEL TO YOU, THE CLIENT, in order to share our expertise.
- Sessions are given at your work place, home, school or community centre.
- Private and small group sessions can be set up in our studio if the need arises.
How can I join an organized group for a course?
- YOU CAN JOIN an organized group. If a community centre, school or corporation is organizing a workshop and they open it to the public, then joining them is no problem. We will gladly refer you to the appropriate location and contact person to join that group.
- Look at the ‘Events coming up’ on this site to see what is being organized or contact us at your earliest convenience:
- Telephone: (438) 392-4683
- Email: email@example.com
Can I organize my own workshop?
- YES, you can organize your own workshop.
- For a group workshop, you need to gather a minimum of 14 participants and a maximum of 24 people. You can gather less people, but the cost of the workshop will vary according to the group registered.
- Once the organizing party contacts us in order to set up a workshop, we will discuss:
- Your goals and objectives for the event.
- The date you want to hold the event.
- Number of participants you think might be attending.
- The participant’s age.
- Cost for the event, collection and invoicing.
- Room size required depending on the number of participants.
- Student preparation and dress code for the event.
- You can also contact your local Community centre, ‘home and school’ association or work organizer, requesting them to set up the activity.
- We bring all the necessary equipment for the workshop.
Workshops for small groups or private 1-on-1 sessions
- Private, 1-on-1 training sessions for one person or a small group of participants (maximum 6) can be arranged for your convenience.
- We customize all our sessions to suit the client’s needs and goals.
- Mr. Manoli gives private and small group sessions to men, women, teens and children.
- We teach both stand-up and ground self-defense with hands-on attack simulations.
- Mr. Manoli also specializes in Karate, Judo/grappling as well as children’s bully-proofing and Street-Smart training.
- Mr. Manoli brings all the necessary equipment for each session.
About Mr. Manoli and his team
Mr. George Manoli, is one of Montreal’s leading authorities in personal safety education. He specializes in no-nonsense ‘hands-on’ attack simulation training, Karate and Judo. His team of educators / simulators assists him during his courses and workshops. They have each been selected and trained by him in order to offer the same attentive quality, empathy and encouragement to all participants.
Mr. Manoli has a Bachelor of education degree in Physical Education with over 35 years of teaching experience. He has written 3 personal safety manuals and is the founder and trainer of four dynamic simulation oriented programs outlined on this site, which emphasize Adrenal Stress Training. Mr. Manoli is also available for speaking engagements, workshops and courses on the following topics:
- Women’s self-defense and date rape prevention;
- Bully-proofing children and teens;
- Street-proofing children via abduction and luring simulations.